Fine & Deo has built the firm on the concept of family. We sincerely care for the people we work with and believe that, by fostering close relationships, we are able to celebrate and support one another. We are not just employees, but valued members of the team.
We are a collegial group lead by condo lawyers Jonathan Fine and Mario Deo who mentor all the lawyers at the firm to be the best. Their doors are always open and our team approach is one in which we regularly communicate, collaborate and share everyone’s knowledge. At Fine & Deo you will frequently see our practice groups bouncing ideas and scenarios off one another.
Our culture is entrepreneurial, respectful and one in which everyone is provided equal opportunities for success. This combination of mentorship, support and autonomy has given us the inspiration to work harder for both our clients and the firm. Being valued for who we are has resulted in a low turnover of people within the firm and an increase in loyalty.
At Fine & Deo we promote a work-life balance and external passions whether they are for salsa dancing on stage, hitting a round on the golf course, coaching your children’s hockey team or practicing yoga. We encourage our lawyers to pursue personal interests not only because it makes for a more enjoyable work environment but also extremely productive lawyers who love where they work and what they do.
Fine & Deo has a deep appreciation for the strength of its lawyers and legal support staff. We are currently interested in receiving applications from highly motivated and client service oriented candidates.
We are presently seeking an energetic and dependable full-time intermediate legal assistant or law clerk with real estate experience to join our team.
This is a shared position, and you will be responsible for assisting 2 or more lawyers with a number of daily responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Management of condominium and residential real estate transactions, including preparation of transactional documents, performing/reviewing title and off-title searches, preparing reports, communicating with clients, the Land Registry Office and financial institutions
- General administrative duties, including but not limited to scanning, filing, printing, photocopying, scheduling appointments, performing administrative duties with respect to opening and closing files, etc.)
- Maintaining workflow amongst multiple lawyers
- Liaising with other team members to coordinate workload
- Reviewing and screening incoming calls, mail and fax communications
- Preparing and editing emails, correspondence, memoranda and other documentation
- Contacting clients for scheduling and information gathering
- Other duties as assigned
- Legal Assistant or Law Clerk diploma or certificate
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook and Word
- Conveyancer and Teraview experience is required
- PCLaw and experience using a document management system is an asset
- Detail-oriented with strong proof-reading skills, and a desire to provide high quality, accurate work product
- Superior time-management and organization skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral to liaise with lawyers, clients and court officers
- Team player with professional and friendly attitude and willingness to learn new things
- Ability to prioritize work effectively, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Strong work ethic and the ability to take initiative and be resourceful
- Excellent judgement and the ability to exercise discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive matters
- Flexibility to occasionally work overtime
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com.
Fine & Deo is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, we will only reach out to selected candidates.