Mario Deo is pleased to be Faculty for Osgoode Professional Development's upcoming webinar about cannabis in condominiums. See below for more details.
Turning a New Leaf: The Impact of the Cannabis Act on Condominiums
July 16th, 2018
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm/EST
Condominiums face an increasingly complex matrix of issues with the new Cannabis Act and related legislation. The impact will be far-reaching and will pose increasingly complex challenges for condominiums. Board members need to comprehend how to navigate the risky junctions of intersecting legislation and their condominium’s own by-laws, rules and declaration.
Discussion topics include:
- The key federal and Ontario legislation
- How the Cannabis Act will impact condominium living, working, governance and rule/by-law enforcement
- Strategies for dealing with the “Condo-Cannabis Effect” in:
- Real estate transactions
- Condo living and working – including nuisance and “nasty neighbours”
- Human rights and the accommodation process
- Rules, disputes, court support and challenges
- Best practices for proactively developing declarations, by-laws and rules to manage cannabis use in condominiums
- Trends and future considerations
Learn More: http://bit.ly/2KjIUZU